An efficient management of non-performing loans -particularly business loans- could become a determine factor in the sustainability of enterprises in multiple ways, National Bank's chairman Luca Katseli said.
Addressing an event organized by QualityNet Foundation to present a Greek Sustainability Code, Katseli said that freeing capital currently put aside to absorb possible damages and channeling them to the real economy was a driving force to boost investments, restart viable business units and increasing productivity in the country.
The Greek banker noted that channeling funds to the real economy under sustainability terms, required the development of new innovative funding tools, adjusted to the needs and particularities of each market, or sector.
- Delphi Economic Forum kicks off in Athens on Monday
- Greece assumes one-year Presidency of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA)
- Mitsotakis-Tsipras disagreement regarding the vote right for Greeks abroad
- Tsitsipas beats Djokovic 2-1 in Shanghai Masters in China
- Incredible photos of longest cruise ship ever passing through Isthmus of Corinth (photos)
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Long-standing social ills undermine economic prospects
- Kick-off for Greece-Egypt electricity interconnection
- Greek registry again included in US Coast Guard’s QualShip-21 program
- The islet of Agios Nikolaos within the endless blue of Ithaca
- Greek FinMin pledges extra 400 million euros in tourism industry aid