An efficient management of non-performing loans -particularly business loans- could become a determine factor in the sustainability of enterprises in multiple ways, National Bank's chairman Luca Katseli said.
Addressing an event organized by QualityNet Foundation to present a Greek Sustainability Code, Katseli said that freeing capital currently put aside to absorb possible damages and channeling them to the real economy was a driving force to boost investments, restart viable business units and increasing productivity in the country.
The Greek banker noted that channeling funds to the real economy under sustainability terms, required the development of new innovative funding tools, adjusted to the needs and particularities of each market, or sector.
- Mitsotakis-Tsipras disagreement regarding the vote right for Greeks abroad
- Tsitsipas beats Djokovic 2-1 in Shanghai Masters in China
- Incredible photos of longest cruise ship ever passing through Isthmus of Corinth (photos)
- PM Mitsotakis in Berlin: Greece, Germany to present green development plan in December
- Turkish Interior Minister threatens Europe – If we open borders 30,000 refugees a day would flood Europe
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Mathraki, on the road to the Adriatic ... (vid)
- Modern elevator on the Acropolis allows access for the disabled
- Greek-Australian doctor: Antidiabetic drug metformin may reduce the risk of dementia
- Fines and prosecution for mask-deniers and instigators to civil disobedience against covid measures
- Has Germany asked Greece to demilitarize the Greek islands?