The second congress of SYRIZA will open on Thursday afternoon with Prime Minister and party leader Alexis Tsipras' introductory speech.
The congress is characterised by two things. It is the first time that a left party holds a congress while being in government and secondly it is related to the European developments: A Europe that is being crushed by the rise of extreme right-xenophobic forces, a Europe where some believe "we'd better be alone than with other Europeans." And at the same time, citizens elect left parties (eg Portugal). Therefore, what is at stake is the European correlations and whether Europe's political turn will be to the left or the right.
The agenda of the second congress is expected to be rich: party-state-government relations, party planning which is different from government planning, citizens' rights, local administration, labour unions, public administration and education.
- Think Silicon is designing the next Artificial Intelligence chip in Greece
- Delphi Economic Forum kicks off in Athens on Monday
- Greece assumes one-year Presidency of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA)
- Mitsotakis-Tsipras disagreement regarding the vote right for Greeks abroad
- Tsitsipas beats Djokovic 2-1 in Shanghai Masters in China
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Dior adored Greece in a magical show in Kallimarmaro (video)
- Mitsotakis and Von der Layen at the Ancient Agora : A historic moment for Greece and Europe
- Hellenic Tourism Organization: Under the auspices of the organization a sports and a gastronomic event
- AHI Submits Testimony To House Appropriations Committee
- Ursula von der Leyen's visit to Athens and the gifts she bears