Lloyd's list with the top 100 shipowners, globally, has been published, showing 14 Greeks in the ranks.
Three Greeks are in the top ten. More specifically making the lists are: Yannis Aggelikousis (5), Angeliki Frangou (8), Giorgos Economou (9), Petros Livanos (22), Giorgos Prokopiou (23), Theodoros Veniamis (51), Kostantinos Kostantakopoulos (57), Nikos Tsakos (61), Petros Georgiopoulos (69), Evangelos Marinakis (73), Symeon Palios (77), Petros Pappas (80), Dimitris Melissanidis (94), and Haralambos Fafalios (96).
It should be noted that n the first three months of 2013, the purchases of ships made by Greek shipowners increased by 90%, as against a global increase of 46% percen. Greeks bought 88% more bulk carriers, 18% more tankers, and 533% more container ships.
In absolute values, Greeks bought 74 ships in the first quarter of 2013, as against 39 during the same period last year. During the same time Greek shipowners invested $848 million in their companies
- Greek shipowners gift another vessel to Hellenic Coast Guard
- Greek shipowners control 15.6% of the world's fleet based on capacity
- Aegean Airlines plane flies in 1.7 million surgical masks donated by Onassis Foundation, Greek shipowners
- Did England commit fraud to keep The Parthenon Sculptures?
- Greek shipowners outspend the Chinese paying $ 2.5 billion for ship acquisition
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- PM Mitsotakis stresses need to speed up EU's vaccines approval process
- SYRIZA in disarray over support for 17 November murderer
- Gold medalist's sexual abuse by officials allegations involve more heinous cases
- Mitsotakis to Monocle: In 2021 we re-introduce the world to a renewed Greece
- Two stolen icons to return to Greece