The 36th Book Festival of Thessaloniki opened on Saturday in the presence of Alternate Environment Minister Sokratis Famellos and Alternate Education Minister Kostas Zouraris, former ministers, MPs, Central Macedonia regional governor Apostolos Tzitzikostas and other officials.
"It is an event-institution that is in the city's DNA" stated Famellos adding that the message is the support of the new book production. On his part, Zouraris stated "There are very good signs" noting the importance of the books for knowledge, education and learning".
"This year we have over 30,000 book titles and over 150 publishers in 100 pavilions and for the first time all the municipalities participate with happenings, concerts and other events" stated Babis Barbounakis who represented the Association of northern Greek publishers
- King Willem-Alexander of Netherlands opens conference on sustainable farming in Thessaloniki
- PM Mitsotakis: Plan involving 30 projects for Thessaloniki to be presented next week
- Arrhythmias Update 2022 in Thessaloniki on 2 & 3 September - Watch it live
- 86th TIF: Exhibition marks centenary of the Asia Minor Disaster of 1922
- Two hundred and fifty thousand tourists used red buses to tour Thessaloniki
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Athens' letter denouncing Turko-Libyan memorandum to the UN
- Deloitte: What the tourism industry expects in 2023 – The distinction of Greece
- Eurobank's Christina Margelou among the ten global personalities of shipping finance
- European People's Party: The 48 hours of European conservatives in Athens seaside resort of Vouliagmeni
- President Sakellaropoulou receives NY mayor Eric Adams