The 36th Book Festival of Thessaloniki opened on Saturday in the presence of Alternate Environment Minister Sokratis Famellos and Alternate Education Minister Kostas Zouraris, former ministers, MPs, Central Macedonia regional governor Apostolos Tzitzikostas and other officials.
"It is an event-institution that is in the city's DNA" stated Famellos adding that the message is the support of the new book production. On his part, Zouraris stated "There are very good signs" noting the importance of the books for knowledge, education and learning".
"This year we have over 30,000 book titles and over 150 publishers in 100 pavilions and for the first time all the municipalities participate with happenings, concerts and other events" stated Babis Barbounakis who represented the Association of northern Greek publishers
- Banderas is coming to Thessaloniki for filming -1,000 extra and the city is a stage
- US Consul General in Thessaloniki: America committed to Greece’s economic recovery, digital future
- Think Silicon is designing the next Artificial Intelligence chip in Greece
- Pfizer: Over 100 million investment in the second hub in Thessaloniki
- Delphi Economic Forum kicks off in Athens on Monday
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Olympic Yacht Show 2021 sails off on October 1-5 at 'Olympic Marine' in Lavrion
- Migration Minister: We will not let our islands experience what they have experienced since 2015
- Ntouskos wins single sculls gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Coronavirus: Alarm for the islands that are turning red – Committee meets
- Leipsoi: High occupancy this summer