The 36th Book Festival of Thessaloniki opened on Saturday in the presence of Alternate Environment Minister Sokratis Famellos and Alternate Education Minister Kostas Zouraris, former ministers, MPs, Central Macedonia regional governor Apostolos Tzitzikostas and other officials.
"It is an event-institution that is in the city's DNA" stated Famellos adding that the message is the support of the new book production. On his part, Zouraris stated "There are very good signs" noting the importance of the books for knowledge, education and learning".
"This year we have over 30,000 book titles and over 150 publishers in 100 pavilions and for the first time all the municipalities participate with happenings, concerts and other events" stated Babis Barbounakis who represented the Association of northern Greek publishers
- Ad hoc Epiphany celebrations and flagrant disregard for measures
- Albanian baby trafficking ring with ties to Thessaloniki
- PM Mitsotakis visits girls orphanage in Thessaloniki
- Thessaloniki in shock : Two minors 12 and 14 years old killed an 86-year-old for 200 euros
- Thessaloniki: Young people beat police officers who went to check on them - One injured (vid)
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Greek woman elected secretary general of the Council of Europe's Parliamentary Assembly
- Couple falls to death from apartment building in Ioannina
- PM Mitsotakis: Rafale agreement reflects Greece's strategy of a combined foreign and defense policy
- Exploratory contacts between Greece and Turkey resume on Monday