The 36th Book Festival of Thessaloniki opened on Saturday in the presence of Alternate Environment Minister Sokratis Famellos and Alternate Education Minister Kostas Zouraris, former ministers, MPs, Central Macedonia regional governor Apostolos Tzitzikostas and other officials.
"It is an event-institution that is in the city's DNA" stated Famellos adding that the message is the support of the new book production. On his part, Zouraris stated "There are very good signs" noting the importance of the books for knowledge, education and learning".
"This year we have over 30,000 book titles and over 150 publishers in 100 pavilions and for the first time all the municipalities participate with happenings, concerts and other events" stated Babis Barbounakis who represented the Association of northern Greek publishers
- One injured and two arrested after brawl in Thessaloniki center
- First monkeypox case in Greece
- Outgoing US amb.: Greece prepared early for European move away from Russian natural gas
- Papanikolaou Hospital: Second patient succumbs after the fire - What he said before he died
- Alki's murder: 20-year-old from Albania surrenders
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Foreigners flock to Greek islands for wedding vows
- Greek PM's wife Mareva Grabovski, Jill Biden, and Anik Penders: Initiative for psychological support of women and children from Ukraine
- Greece, France sign business agreements related to Hellenic Navy's FDI frigate order
- Roman-era monument's restoration on Sikinos receives European Heritage Award
- The Turkish opposition opens"fire" at Erdogan over his stance at the NATO summit.