Greek-Saudi Business Forum & 5th Joint Ministerial Committee meeting in Athens on May 30-31
- Written by E.Tsiliopoulos
The Greek-Saudi Business Forum & the 5th Joint Ministerial Committee meeting will be in Athens on May 30-31, the Greek Foreign Affairs Ministry said on Saturday.
The forum will present potential collaborations in the sectors of shipping, tourism, energy, construction, innovation and agri-food.
Several Greek ministers and deputy ministers will have an opportunity to meet their Saudi Arabia counterparts, while at least 100 Greek businesses have expressed their interest in participating, noted the Greek ministry.
Saudi Investments Minister Khalid Al Faleh is heading his country's broad delegation of 8 deputy ministers and 3 general secretaries from the ministries of energy, environment, tourism, health, science and technology, social welfare, telecoms and Islamic Affairs. Some 59 Saudi business representatives will also attend the forum, coming from the banking and financial services sector, among others.
The Saudi minister and his country's delegation of government officials and business representatives will arrive in Greece on Sunday, and will be welcomed by the Greek Foreign Affairs Ministry's Deputy Minister Kostas Fragogiannis and its General Secretary Ioannis Smyrlis.
On its first day in Greece, the Saudi delegation will be given a tour of the island of Santorini, where special flights will arrive from Saudi Arabia.
The Greek-Saudi Business Forum will be held on Monday at a hotel in central Athens, and the 5th Joint Ministerial Committee meeting is to be held on Tuesday.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- FM Dendias attends inauguration of artworks exhibition by Albanian PM
- Greek, Turkish foreign ministers announce their countries' mutual support for respective candidacies at the UNSC and IMO
- Greece and Israel signed the 2023 Defense Cooperation Program
- Greece raises minimum wage to 780 euros from April 1
- FM Dendias visits Greek diaspora in Montreal with Canadian counterpart