The Mall of Athens was originally deemed unconstitutional and illegal by the Greek State Council, however the government has plans to legalize it.
The largest mall in the Balkan region will become legitimate, under rapid strategic investment methods, as stated by Greek Development and Competitiveness Minister Kostis Hatzidakis. The Mall of Athens located in Marousi, is thought to be the continent's biggest unlicensed property, at 75,000 square meters.
The Interministerial Committee for Strategic Investments has included the massive architecture in future investment regulations. Now its owner Lamda Development, will not be monetarily penalized for creating an illegal structure. Previously the State Council claimed that urban planning, omissions, and environmental violations occurred during the building of the Mall of Athens.
- Monica Bellucci in Athens for three nights for play about Maria Callas
- Greece - pandemic - What do infection specialists expect for the end of September?
- Mikis Theodorakis passes - Greece mourns
- Bonds - The Greek state raised 2.5 billion euros
- The lonely islet of Kyra of the Saronic Gulf located in the "shadow" of Agistri