In a recent interview with the Greek financial newspaper Imerissia, Labour and Social Insurance Minister Yiannis Vroutsis announced that by the end of 2014, a single national pension administration facility will be established.
The new center will accept all pension applications and will execute all pension funds to recipients. As Vroutsis stated in the article: "...from now on, the granting of a pension with the support of the 'Atlas' IT system will be a matter of a few days", as reported by ANA-MPA.
The modernized system will allow pensioners to conduct the entire process online. Employees from all pension fund sub-sectors will work at the new facility. The Minister added, "The long waits for a pension to come through will soon be just a bad memory". He promised that the new system will not change pension requirements or protocols, but will allow for fluid activities between the administration and beneficiaries.
- Spike in US tourist arrivals to Greece in 2022
- EU spokesperson: Turkey's hostile remarks against Greece and Greeks 'raise serious concerns'
- How foreign tourists evaluate Greece's reputation
- Joint ministerial decision for expat pensions
- Greece registers 122,230 new coronavirus infections on July 25-31, 355 deaths