SYRIZA representatives protested this morning in Central Greece, over rising highway toll costs between Athens to Thessaloniki.
Party members including SYRIZA deputy Alexandros Meikopoulos, held banners that stated: "No more blood for their profits" at Moschochori toll booths, as reported by ANA-MPA. Local routes are popular among drivers, in order to bypass toll fees. However smaller roads are not equipped to handle heavy traffic.
Larissa and Volos organizations have held consistent protests, after a traffic death occurred on Wednesday, that killed three people on the Larissa-Volos national highway. SYRIZA's rally lasted for approximately one hour. Its protesters tried to bar toll stations, but were averted by law enforcers.
- City of Athens lights up its Christmas tree with show at Syntagma Square
- "Portraits" by Terry Tsiolis at the Benaki Museum
- Greek athlete breaks 17-yr national record during 38th Athens Authentic Marathon race
- Politicians, Olympic athletes participate in 5k races on Marathon weekend
- The Authentic Marathon is back on Nov 13-14