SYRIZA representatives protested this morning in Central Greece, over rising highway toll costs between Athens to Thessaloniki.
Party members including SYRIZA deputy Alexandros Meikopoulos, held banners that stated: "No more blood for their profits" at Moschochori toll booths, as reported by ANA-MPA. Local routes are popular among drivers, in order to bypass toll fees. However smaller roads are not equipped to handle heavy traffic.
Larissa and Volos organizations have held consistent protests, after a traffic death occurred on Wednesday, that killed three people on the Larissa-Volos national highway. SYRIZA's rally lasted for approximately one hour. Its protesters tried to bar toll stations, but were averted by law enforcers.
- PM Mitsotakis: Plan involving 30 projects for Thessaloniki to be presented next week
- Arrhythmias Update 2022 in Thessaloniki on 2 & 3 September - Watch it live
- 86th TIF: Exhibition marks centenary of the Asia Minor Disaster of 1922
- How foreign tourists evaluate Greece's reputation
- Two hundred and fifty thousand tourists used red buses to tour Thessaloniki