Today, Syros' prosecutor verbally stated that the speedboat captain and the water sports company proprietor that were previously arrested regarding the death of a ten-year-old boy yesterday on Mykonos, are to be released, as reported by ANA-MPA.
The child was floating on an inflatable raft in the form of a couch, and was being led by a speedboat in the Kalo Livadi region. He fell of the device and was killed by the boat's propeller, after the driver turned around to look for him.
The prosecutor deemed that the two should be preliminarily investigated by Mykonian law authorities, until the trial's date is scheduled. The deceased child will be transferred to Syros Hospital where an autopsy will be administered.
- 14th Animasyros 2021 International Animation Festival kicks off on September 22 at Syros island
- Mykonos – Well-known beach bar two-day shutdown for tax violations
- Pandemic: Great concern for the… "orange" islands
- Mykonos mayor requests a change of measures with mandatory mask and 72-hour green pass
- Tourism: Which islands are under scrutiny for covid measures after Mykonos