Indy Greek Festival Kicks Off This Weekend
Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church is holding its annual Indianapolis Greek Festival this weekend; a video of the festivities can be seen by scrolling to the very bottom of the article.
The family-oriented event honors the Hellenic culture and Orthodox faith and occurs from Friday, August 22nd to Sunday, August 24th with free admission. It is located on the Church's 20-acre grounds at 106th Street and Shelborne.
The 41st "Indy Greek Fest", which expects 15,000 guests, offers dance troop performances, live Greek music, Church tours, a marketplace, cooking demonstrations and children's activities.
The Indianapolis Greek Festival features a wide variety of culinary and beverage delights including the Grecian Grill, Bakery Express, Dinner Tent, mezes, pastries, wine and beer.
Indianapolis Greek Festival President Lawrence N. Eleftheri described the festivities as, "Hosted by the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, parishioner volunteers dedicate their time and talents throughout the year to present what has become one of Central Indiana's favorite food and cultural festivals for this one weekend. We do our very best to make our 15,000 guests feel comfortable, and present the best environment for sharing our music, food, faith, and famous Greek hospitality".
- Για πρώτη φορά ρίψη του Τιμίου Σταυρού στον Άγιο Αυγουστίνο, την παλαιότερη πόλη των ΗΠΑ
- NYC's Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church Holds Festival May 9th
- Melbourne's Massive Greek Festival Takes Place Valentine's Day Weekend
- Roseland, New Jersey Holds Greek Fest
- America's Oldest Greek Orthodox Church Holds Year-Long Celebration