AHEPA representatives traveled to the Ecumenical Patriarchate after being invited by His All Holiness Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew.
The group was led by AHEPA Supreme President Phillip T. Frangos during Pope Francis' visit during the feast day of St. Andrew the Apostle.
During AHEPA's trip, the delegation attended the Divine Liturgy, an Archdiocesan Byzantine Choir performance and had dinner with His Eminence Archbishop Demetrios and the Order of St. Andrew the Apostle, Archons of the Ecumenical Patriarchate. Frangos described the trip, "It has been an honor and a truly remarkable experience to be here to witness and support this extraordinary event."
The AHEPA Supreme President added, "We are thrilled to partake in this occasion with Archbishop Demetrios and the Archons of the Order of Saint Andrew the Apostle." The AHPEA group traveled to Athens on December 1st and is holding meetings and events with Hellenic government officials this week.
(Photo source: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America)
- Andrew Manatos Installed as Senator for Orthodoxy and Hellenism
- AHEPA Calls for President Biden to Recognize the Greek Genocide
- AHEPA Supreme President George G. Horiates Sends letter to United States Secretary of State Pompeo
- PM Mitsotakis speaks with Pope Francis on pandemic, environment
- Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew urges world leaders to achieve targets of Paris Agreement