Washington, D.C.'s American Hellenic Institute is presenting a "Congressional Salute to Greek Independence Day".
The commemoration is scheduled for Wednesday, April 15th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. It is in cooperation with Rep. Gus Bilirakis (R-FL) and Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), whom serve as the Co-Chairs of the Congressional Hellenic Caucus.
The American Hellenic Institute located in Washington, D.C. was established in 1974 and is one of the numbered Greek voices in America. As stated on its website, AHI strives to: "Upholding the rule of law in matters of U.S. foreign policy, particularly in our nation's dealings with Greece, Cyprus, and Turkey."
- AHI Publishes Fact Sheet on Missing Persons in Cyprus
- AHI Participates on State Department Call on Eastern Med Developments
- American Hellenic Institute Rebuts former Supreme Allied Commander’s Take on Turkey
- Gene Rossides, prominent Greek-American who founded AHI, dies aged 92
- AHI Issues Statement on 45th Anniversary of Invasion of Cyprus