The Peter Latos Prostate Cancer Foundation organized, as it does each year, a free PSA testing event on Saturday, May 9th.
The prostate cancer detection initiative was established by the late Peter Latos, to raise awareness and help save lives. The disease is a silent killer and a routine check-up can be life saving.
The Peter Latos Prostate Cancer Foundation, along with renowned prostate surgeon, Dr. David Samadi, offered the opportunity for local men in the New York City region, to check their prostate for free.
Early detection screening took place at Astoria's Cavo Lounge, which was transformed into an organized temporary medical center to administer the Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Exam. The PSA test is considered painless and is no different than a routine blood test.
As Dr. Samadi has stressed, prostate cancer shouldnʼt only be considered "a sickness for the elderly."
The late Peter Latos was tragically diagnosed with the disease at the age of 42, and eventually succumbed to it only five years later, at 47-years-old.
- United Nation's RSC-Salus Wellness Network Holds Mens Health Panel and Fair In Light Of Prostate Cancer Month
- Peter Latos Prostate Cancer Foundation Held Successful Annual Gala
- Νέα Υόρκη: Ένωσαν τις δυνάμεις τους ενάντια στον καρκίνο του προστάτη (VIDEO)
- Prostate cancer is not just an older man's disease - By Dr. David Samadi
- Peter Latos Prostate Cancer Foundation Offers Free PSA Testing