Alexandre Desplat won the Academy Award for Best Original Score for the music he created for the film The Shape of Water.
The French-Greek musician also won the Golden Globe in this category for the same piece of music earlier this year.
"Thank you, it's amazing! My mother is 90 this year, and I think she will be very happy. She is Greek, by the way,"stressed the great Alexander Desplas after his victory.
This was the ninth nomination amd secon oscar for the composer. He was nominated for the movies The Queen (2006), The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008), Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009), The King's Speech (2010), Argo (2012), Philomena (2013) and The Imitation Game (2014). Desplat got his first Oscar just three years ago for the work he did on The Grand Budapest Hotel, and he also has a pair of Grammys to his name, as well as four other nominations.
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Fire front in Evia out of control
- Ancient Olympia - wildfire - Fears for the archeological site
- Hellenic Banking Association – Banks on the side of the fire victims
- Ηigh, medium-voltage power lines knocked out from raging wildfire
- Fires in Attica – Continuous fires and overnight battle on three fronts