Washington, D.C.'s metropolitan area AHEPA members met at the Arlington National Cemetery, to honor Greek Americans and Greek Orthodox followers that lost their lives in military combat.
As reported by organizers, there are approximately 660 concerned grave sites, where Daughters of Penelope and AHEPA delegates placed a laurel wreath and held a moment of silence for the fallen. Since 1949, AHEPA has held the Memorial Day remembrance ceremony each year.
The Arlington National Cemetery is located in Arlington County, Virginia and rests directly across from the Potomac River and the nation' capital. Its 624 acres hold tombs of military personal, dating back to the American Civil War. The military cemetery is included in the National Register of Historic Places.
- AHEPA: Βραβείο Χαιρετισμού στις Γυναίκες στη Πρόεδρο του New Greek TV και Wellness Expert, Γιάννα Νταρίλη.
- AHEPA: Salute to Women Award to New Greek TV President and Wellness Expert, Yanna Darilis.
- Κικίλιας: Η AHEPA αποτελεί ισχυρή συνιστώσα για την τουριστική προβολή της Ελλάδας
- Tourism Minister: AHEPA is a strong component for the tourist promotion of Greece
- AHEPA delegation received by Greek president, prime minister