MANIFESTO- 13 Shades of Blanchett’s Characters - By Yanna Darilis
- Written by Yanna Darilis
Julian Rosefeldt's powerful poetic monologues come to life through the artist- filmmaker's Manifesto, a 13 short film installation staged at the Park Avenue Armory of New York. The Scenes depict different artistic expressions inspired by the literary work of Karl Marx, Dadaism, Minimalism, Futurism & Surrealism, just to name a few. The scenes question the origination of art and man's role in viewing it.
Muse of choice to perform the various characters that seem to be products and victims of different environments, is Academy Award winner, Cate Blanchett. She brilliantly transforms between the very diverse roles, as her characters struggle with their position society has imposed on them.
The roles, script and story awaken the viewer to reflect upon the behavior of humans due to societal conditions and where humanity can be headed in generations to come.
The writer, director producer, Julian Rosefeldt, successfully combines a unique blend of art, poetry, theatre and film on gigantic screens.
- UN Panel Discussion on Transgender & Society coordinated by NewGreekTV president
- Skopelos to be seen by millions in the US as featured destination of ‘Mediterranean Blue’ show
- Director Van Ling, talks to New Greek TV about “Cliffs of Freedom”, the story of the Greek War of Independence
- Greeks, Romanians, Syrians attend Alexandrion Foundation gala in NY
- Foreign Press Association celebrates Centenary
Latest from Yanna Darilis
- Let's Be S.M.A.R.T. Greek Non-for-Profit Cat Shelter Saving Animals and Educating Humans
- Tinos, Greece, An Island Beyond Prayers
- Η υποστήριξη της φύσης στην ενίσχυση του ανοσοποιητικού συστήματος κατά τη διάρκεια του COVID19.
- The Hellenic Initiative's 7th Annual Gala Raises More Than $2.3 Million from the Greek Diaspora
- Commitment of Global Citizens