Fox CEO and Chairman Jim Gianopulos is set to receive the 2015 Pioneer of the Year Award in Las Vegas, at CinemaCon on April 22nd.
Gianopulos supervises all Fox TV and film worldwide distribution, along with feature film marketing and production. 20th Century Fox Domestic Theatrical Distribution President Chris Aronson stated of the successful second generation Greek-American, "We are extremely grateful that Jim will accept this well-deserved honor and help raise funds for the Pioneers Assistance Fund," according to Deadline.
Aronson added, "He is a leader in our industry with a passion and dedication to the creative process and the desire to assist those who need a helping hand. We look forward to celebrating Jim's personal and professional achievements at CinemaCon 2015."
Gianopulos spearheaded both Titanic and Avatar; two of the largest grossing movies ever. Past Pioneer of the Year Awards have commemorated Jeffrey Katzenberg, Kathleen Kennedy, Jack Warner and Sumner Redstone, among others.
- Filippos Liakounakos - $ 250,000 bail in Nevada bitcoin fraud case
- Gene Rossides, prominent Greek-American who founded AHI, dies aged 92
- "We haven't been tested for coronavirus," says Greek-American trapped on Diamond Princess
- Demi Moore’s rapist was allegedly a Greek-American
- Greek-American criticizes Rep. Ilhan Omar at 9/11 ceremony in New York