A 28-year-old male's body was identified in the Corinth Canal today.
The Greek police force are now waiting for the man's autopsy results, to determine the cause of his death. The Hellenic Coast Guard stated that the victim was not alive when he was extracted from the water.
The man was rushed to the local hospital, where he was deemed deceased. Greek law enforcement authorities have not offered any additional details at this time.
- Widespread clashes between Lesvos and Chios residents with police over building of closed refugee camps (vid)
- Large police sweep around central Athens area where gang clashes resulted in murder
- Afghan woman attempts to seize police officer's weapon during migrant rioting on Lesvos
- Anarchists attack police in Exarchia, no arrests
- Police to get uniform cameras