The Hellenic Institute of Historical Research is organising the 3rd International Documentary Film Festival "Beyond the Borders" on the outlying Greek island of Castellorizo. The festival, organised for the third consecutive year, will be held from August 26 until September 2.
The organiser's aim is to make Castellorizo a meeting point for the creators of historical and sociopolitical documentaries by attracting acclaimed figures in cinema, the arts and culture from around the world.
The festival will take place at a crossroads between East and West, very close to the coast of Lycia, and anticipates further cultural cooperation between Castellorizo and the Turkish coastal city of Kas.
Every year the international festival has offered four awards for the best historical and sociopolitical documentary films, with the support of the Greek parliament, and after its conclusion it travels to Europe and Australia. The Athens-Macedonian News Agency is one of the festival's media sponsors.
- Participation in the classic Athens Marathon for completion of the Church of Panagia Nafpaktiotissa (The Virgin Mary of Nafpaktos)
- Think Silicon is designing the next Artificial Intelligence chip in Greece
- Delphi Economic Forum kicks off in Athens on Monday
- Greece assumes one-year Presidency of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA)
- Castellorizo holds 'Beyond Borders' Int'l Documentary Festival, August 23-30
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- British Museum Chair Osborne says talks on a deal on the Parthenon Sculptures will continue
- 2nd Int'l Forum on Women's Entrepreneurship
- PM Mitsotakis to Bloomberg: I want to preserve the good relations with Britain
- Acropolis Museum vs Sunak: "Culture is not only antiquities, but also behavior"
- "Work From Greece" visits Greek destinations