The Athens Urban Transport Organization and the Center for Renewable Energy Sources and Saving, conducted a study between February 2012 to 2013's end, evaluating passenger's feedback on Attica public transportation services.
The study encompassed new day ticket pricing, the progressive ticket replacement coined 'smart card', telematic table operations, and tram and metro enlargements. The two organizations worked under the ENERQI European project, to administer the examination.
The evaluation found that 40% out of the 1,071 public transit takers analyzed, rated the systems as excellent or very good. 35.4% rated public transportation systems as satisfactory, 18.2% feel it needs improvements, while 5% are unhappy with its performance. The tram and metro system were found far more desirable than trolley or city buses.
- "Athens is Back": The platform of the Municipality of Athens that supports businesses and consumers is one year old
- Dior show live from Athens to all over the world, on Thursday
- Emirates: Daily Athens – New York flight
- Attica turns to the sea - What will the 70 km long Athenian Riviera, from Piraeus to Sounio be
- Delphi Economic Forum kicks off in Athens on Monday