The 15-year-old boy arrested in Greece's largest drug bust ever, was conditionally released today.
Over a ton of heroin was confiscated in northern Athens' Filothei region last Thursday. The teenager's parents have both been arrested in the crime.
As reported, the student had sent a text message to an Albanian citizen involved in the illegal drug activity, during the police seize. The Albanian male escaped being arrested, but later surrendered to law enforcement officials this past weekend.
The heroin is thought to have originated from Iran and traveled to Greece through Turkey. Its planned distribution was to Germany and Belgium, and had a street value of approximately 30 million euros.
- Tractors rolling into downtown Athens - Traffic restrictions announced
- Minor migrant trafficker caught in downtown Athens hauling 12 in passenger car
- Deputy US Special Climate Envoy: We support Greece’s role in diversifying energy sources with its Balkan neighbors
- Athens 5th out of 107 Cities Surveyed Around the World for Home Price Hikes
- New Year ushered in with messages from new mayors, fireworks in Athens, Thessaloniki