Athens' attempt to control traffic that allows odd license plated cars downtown on odd dates and even plated autos on even dates, will end this Friday, June 11th, as widely reported.
The Greek Traffic Police confirmed that vehicles will be allowed to drive without restrictions until the end of August, as many residents are out of town during the summer, greatly reducing the amount of traffic in the capitol. The new mandate does not include large trucks.
- Greece and Turkey complete second round of talks
- Athens gets third "Pocket Park" in an abandoned plot of Pangrati
- Comicdom, an annual paradise for comics aficionados, opens in April 10-12
- Beautiful St. Nicholas Thon chapel reopens to public
- Hermes head, part of Herma column revealed during roadworks in downtown Athens