The American Hellenic Institute has reached out to the Greek-American community, and launched its "Hellenic Heritage Challenge."
As the Washington, D.C. based organization states of the fundraising initiative that is associated with its June 17th Greek Heritage Night at the Phillies, "We challenge you to show your Greek Pride by participating in this giving challenge to support an organization that is dedicated to promoting American relations with Greece and Cyprus."
To launch the Greek Heritage Giving Challenge, the organization is granting an AHI mug to the first 5 participants with any donation amount. In addition, the first 5 individuals who offer $50 or more will be given an AHI Glass Diamond Paperweight, designed by Tiny Jewel Box.
The goal of the Challenge is to bring Greek-Americans together. Donations are accepted online or by texting "GREEK" to 41444. All transactions are tax deductible, secure, safe and swift. Donors can also send in checks payable to AHI to 1220 16th St, NW, Washington, DC 20036, or call AHI headquarters at: (202) 785- 8430.
AHI President Nick Larigakis described the efforts, "We want to make giving to AHI as easy as possible. Every single contribution to the American Hellenic Institute has a direct impact on the future of AHI and the important work that we do here in Washington, no matter how big or small the gift is." Additional information can be accessed at: http://ahiworld.org/media-center/announcements/2015/1976-hellenic-heritage-challenge.html.
- June 9, 2022 U.S. State Department Officials Visit AHI’s Hellenic House
- AHI Conveys Deep Concern with Senior State Department Official’s Statements
- AHI Rejoices as Traditional Greek Independence Celebrations Return
- AHI President Meets with Greek Alternate FM on Conference Sidelines
- American Hellenic, American Jewish Groups Hold Briefing with U.S. Ambassadors to Greece, Cyprus, Israel