AHEPA's Supreme President Phillip T. Frangos offered a statement, concerning the horrific killings at Charleston's Emanuel A.M.E. Church.
Frangos commented, "AHEPA condemns last night's senseless tragic shooting rampage at the historic Emanuel A.M.E. Church, which police authorities have described as a Hate Crime."
The Supreme President added, "Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Charleston, South Carolina, the victims, and their families."
Nine individuals were murdered during evening prayers, while several remain seriously harmed. Frangos concluded, "Our hope is that the perpetrator or perpetrators are caught and brought swiftly to justice."
The American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA) is based in Washington, D.C. The organization's goal is to promote Hellenism, Education, Philanthropy, Civic Responsibility and Family and Individual Excellence.
- Κικίλιας: Η AHEPA αποτελεί ισχυρή συνιστώσα για την τουριστική προβολή της Ελλάδας
- Tourism Minister: AHEPA is a strong component for the tourist promotion of Greece
- AHEPA delegation received by Greek president, prime minister
- American Hellenic, American Jewish Groups Hold Briefing with U.S. Ambassadors to Greece, Cyprus, Israel
- AHEPA Calls for President Biden to Recognize the Greek Genocide