The Hellenic Relief Foundation successfully granted 360 Athenian families food packages this month.
The Hellenic Relief Foundation Board of Director member Prokopis Zervas participated at the offerings and spoke to many of the families.
Zervas thanked and congratulated the volunteers who donated their time this August. Volunteers were on hand to ensure that the packages were rightly assembled and distributed.
The Hellenic Relief Foundation Inc. is a nonprofit organization that was established in New York in 2012. The Foundation's mission is to provide "support for the people in Greece, suffering during the present economic crisis."
To date, $275,000 USD has been remitted to different food vendors, who then offer the required amount of monthly supplies to approximately 17,000 Greek households.
- State Department: We support the energy interconnection between Eastern Mediterranean-Europe via Greece
- Emblematic Greek artist Fasianos, 87, passes away
- Cloudy future for the cruise industry
- Sani Resort - World’s Leading Family & Beach Resort in the world
- THI’s support for together for children protects kids in Greece