The Greek Film Archive and the General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, taking into account the great response of the diaspora to the previous three rounds of the Secretariat of Greeks Abroad are promoting the screenings of the Film Archive for all Greeks of the diaspora globally.
Indicatively, it is noted that last year's program "The Film Archive at home", in April and May 2020, recorded 36,660 views. The online screenings, through the digital room online.tainiothiki.gr and from Wednesday, April 21, will be presenting the new, fourth in a row, program of the successful series "The Film Archive at home" with the tribute "Memories of Dictatorship", which will take place on the occasion of the anniversary of the coup of April 21.
From Wednesday 21/4 to Holy Tuesday 27/4 emblematic films will be shown by Th. Angelopoulos, P. Voulgaris, D. Theo, N. Kavoukidis, N. Koundouros, Fr. Liappaa, D. Makria, R. Manthoulia, T. Marketaki, G. Stampoulopoulos, P. Tassio and the duo of S. Maniatis / G. Tsemperopoulos.
The films will be available online for 30 hours after their start (from the moment you will press play) and will be shown for 7 days, without geographical restriction, with a limit of 600 free views per movie.
On Thursday, April 22, at 7 pm, a webinar on cinema will be held on the Dictatorship. Participants: Pantelis Voulgaris, Giorgos Tsemperopoulos, Giorgos Stampoulopoulos, Dimitris Makris, Kyriakos Angelakos, Nikos Kavoukidis and Evanna Venardou. Coordinated by Maria Komninou, President of the Greek Film Archive. The tribute is made with the support of the Second Program of ERT. More information on the website of the Film Archive (http://www.tainiothiki.gr) and on its Facebook pages (https://www.facebook.com/tainiothikig r) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/tainiothikigr)
- Greece recalls ambassador from Azerbaijan
- Turkey threatens the EU: There will be tension if you interfere in the Cypriot EEZ issue
- The value of EDS energy bought by Greek PPC in FYROM is worth nothing
- NATO secretary: No to FYROM, unless name dispute resolved
- ECB denies EU auditors access to information on Greek bailouts
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- More than eight-fold coverage for the new Greek 5-year bond
- New York: Mourning for the tragic death of Greek-American police officer - The Message of the Archbishop
- Turkish defense minister once again threatens Greece
- Greek museums: Reinventing their contact with the public during lockdown
- Kimolos, the silver dot of the Aegean (vid)