AHEPA has recently welcomed the act of U.S. Reps. Katherine Clark (D-MA) and Susan Brooks (R-IN), joining the Congressional Caucus on Hellenic Issues, as announced by Supreme President Anthony Kouzounis.
According to AHEPA, Kouzounis stated: "We thank Representatives Clark and Brooks for joining the Hellenic Caucus...We look forward to working with them and their staffs on issues of importance to the Greek American community. I also commend the grassroots efforts of the Ahepans who outreached to the representatives and asked them to join."
Supreme Governors Nick Nikas of Connecticut, and Nick Kavadas of Indiana, played major roles in enticing the representatives to join the Caucus. Their efforts started at AHEPA's annual Capitol Hill Day last March. The Hellenic Caucus contains 133 bipartisan congressional members.
- AHEPA Supreme President George G. Horiates Sends letter to United States Secretary of State Pompeo
- Gene Rossides, prominent Greek-American who founded AHI, dies aged 92
- "We haven't been tested for coronavirus," says Greek-American trapped on Diamond Princess
- Demi Moore’s rapist was allegedly a Greek-American
- Greek-American criticizes Rep. Ilhan Omar at 9/11 ceremony in New York