Greek-American actor Billy Zane has embarked on his latest role in Mining for Ruby.
The new movie's plot centers around a depressed widower who later falls for a enthusiastic environmental engineering graduate student, with a problematic past.
Director Zoe Quist described the Greek-American entertainer, "And Mr. Billy Zane who is nothing short of masterful, on and off screen", as stated on the movie's website. The movie also star Jonathan Bennet, Antoinette Kalaj, Mischa Barton and Daniel Ponickly.
Zane was born in Chicago to Greek parents; his mother hails from Chios while his father originates from Mani. His original surname was Zanetakos (Ζανετάκος) and was later Americanized to Zane. Mining for Ruby's trailer can be viewed below.
- Gene Rossides, prominent Greek-American who founded AHI, dies aged 92
- "We haven't been tested for coronavirus," says Greek-American trapped on Diamond Princess
- Greek-American Billy Zane the honored artist at 4th Art Thessaloniki Int'l Contemporary Art Fair
- Demi Moore’s rapist was allegedly a Greek-American
- Greek-American criticizes Rep. Ilhan Omar at 9/11 ceremony in New York