The Acropolis Museum in Athens was forced to evacuate today, after receiving an anonymous bomb tip.
The caller stated a bomb would ignite inside the Museum, according to police reports. The criminal called the zougla.gr news portal at 2:35 p.m. GST, and declared that an explosive had been installed on property grounds and would blow up at 3:10 p.m. Hellenic police forces cleared the premises, while bomb experts searched for the weapon, finding no results.
- Greece and Turkey complete second round of talks
- Police evacuate takeover of Thessaloniki University (vid)
- Athens gets third "Pocket Park" in an abandoned plot of Pangrati
- PM Mitsotakis: Education ministry bill boldly responds to perennial problem of safety in universities
- Comicdom, an annual paradise for comics aficionados, opens in April 10-12