The Acropolis Museum in Athens was forced to evacuate today, after receiving an anonymous bomb tip.
The caller stated a bomb would ignite inside the Museum, according to police reports. The criminal called the zougla.gr news portal at 2:35 p.m. GST, and declared that an explosive had been installed on property grounds and would blow up at 3:10 p.m. Hellenic police forces cleared the premises, while bomb experts searched for the weapon, finding no results.
- Greek real estate prices take off despite pandemic
- Patmos and Athens among best cruise destinations in the world
- Athenians pay for electricity at Copenhagen and Brussels prices
- Athens as a leading shipping center
- Hundreds of events and activities planned in Athens for Christmas and New Year holiday season