The Acropolis Museum in Athens was forced to evacuate today, after receiving an anonymous bomb tip.
The caller stated a bomb would ignite inside the Museum, according to police reports. The criminal called the zougla.gr news portal at 2:35 p.m. GST, and declared that an explosive had been installed on property grounds and would blow up at 3:10 p.m. Hellenic police forces cleared the premises, while bomb experts searched for the weapon, finding no results.
- Acropolis Museum President and noted archeologist, Professor Pandermalis, dies
- How foreign tourists evaluate Greece's reputation
- Athens: Syntagma Square renovation almost done
- Invasion of international hotel chains in Athens
- S. Arabian Crown Prince Salman in Athens: We can provide Greece, SE Europe with cheaper, more effective energy