The Acropolis Museum in Athens was forced to evacuate today, after receiving an anonymous bomb tip.
The caller stated a bomb would ignite inside the Museum, according to police reports. The criminal called the zougla.gr news portal at 2:35 p.m. GST, and declared that an explosive had been installed on property grounds and would blow up at 3:10 p.m. Hellenic police forces cleared the premises, while bomb experts searched for the weapon, finding no results.
- Tractors rolling into downtown Athens - Traffic restrictions announced
- Minor migrant trafficker caught in downtown Athens hauling 12 in passenger car
- Athens 5th out of 107 Cities Surveyed Around the World for Home Price Hikes
- New Year ushered in with messages from new mayors, fireworks in Athens, Thessaloniki
- Supreme Court prosecutor intervenes in case of 'murderous attack' against policemen