The Acropolis Museum in Athens was forced to evacuate today, after receiving an anonymous bomb tip.
The caller stated a bomb would ignite inside the Museum, according to police reports. The criminal called the zougla.gr news portal at 2:35 p.m. GST, and declared that an explosive had been installed on property grounds and would blow up at 3:10 p.m. Hellenic police forces cleared the premises, while bomb experts searched for the weapon, finding no results.
- Athens "speaks" the international language of street art
- US Senator Menendez in Greece
- Athens is being evaluated as a sustainable destination
- "Athens is Back": The platform of the Municipality of Athens that supports businesses and consumers is one year old
- Dior show live from Athens to all over the world, on Thursday