Popular Hollywood actor Ted Beniades has passed away at the age of 91.
Beniades is widely known for his role as an undercover cop in Scarface. The Greek-American's family confirmed that he died peacefully at home in Brookville, PA on October 24th. As his obituary states, he is the oldest son of Mary and Cleanthis Beniades and knew at the age of ten-years-old that he wanted to be an actor.
Beniades appeared alongside Al Pacino and Sean Connery in a variety of movies. The Hellenic entertainer also starred in the ABC hit series N.Y.P.D. He was a first-generation Greek-American and was born in the Bronx. His wife, actress Marion Lauer died in 2009, after 55 years of marriage.
(Photo source: Faller Funeral Home Inc.)
- Gene Rossides, prominent Greek-American who founded AHI, dies aged 92
- "We haven't been tested for coronavirus," says Greek-American trapped on Diamond Princess
- Demi Moore’s rapist was allegedly a Greek-American
- Greek-American criticizes Rep. Ilhan Omar at 9/11 ceremony in New York
- AHI Launches "Hellenic Heritage Challenge"