The Greek-Australian community has been actively involved in Hellenic Heart, which provides clothing and school supplies for Greek children and adults in need.
AHEPA Youth in Victoria has jumped on the initiative to help struggling Greeks back in the homeland. As AHEPA Youth Vice President Marialena Michanetzi described to Greek-Australian news portal Neos Kosmos, "We know that there are a lot of people who are poor at the moment in Athens and other cities in Greece. So there are people who are going to be cold in the winter, there's going to be a lot of hunger."
Michanetzi added, "We think this is a really good way to reach out to them and offer some support now that they need it the most." New and used clothing of all sizes that are clean, folded, and in good condition, will be sent to Greece.
- Κικίλιας: Η AHEPA αποτελεί ισχυρή συνιστώσα για την τουριστική προβολή της Ελλάδας
- Tourism Minister: AHEPA is a strong component for the tourist promotion of Greece
- AHEPA delegation received by Greek president, prime minister
- American Hellenic, American Jewish Groups Hold Briefing with U.S. Ambassadors to Greece, Cyprus, Israel
- AHEPA Calls for President Biden to Recognize the Greek Genocide