A discussion with the Honorable Nikos Pappas, Minister of State of Greece, will take place from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. in the Powell Room of the Cosmos Club, located at 2121 Massachusetts Avenue, NW.
As Eurozone finance ministers are scheduled to meet on Monday for an emergency Eurogroup meeting to discuss a way forward on Greece's €86 billion third bailout, the Greek government is trying to look beyond the current crisis to find ways to strengthen their economy. Minister Pappas will address Greece's discussions with its European partners and the IMF, as well as the government's push to secure greater investments in Greece which will be vital in helping the fragile economy recover and grow.
Prior to becoming Minister of State and a Member of the Hellenic Parliament for the Athens B district, Minister Pappas was Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras's Chief of Staff. Minister Pappas studied at the University of Strathclyde and completed his PhD in 2013, having written his thesis on the macroeconomic impact of the projected population changes in Greece.
Registration and a reception will begin at 5:00 p.m.
- Parliament votes for investigation into former SYRIZA minister
- Journalist Thanos Dimadis vindicated in court in slander case by prominent politician and press outlets
- Minister Nikos Pappas told "You betrayed Macedonia” by senior citizen
- Minister Pappas visits "North Macedonia"
- Nikos Pappas: Courting Venezuela and the US Embassy
Latest from Guest
- Ανατολική Αττική: Η επόμενη μέρα της τραγωδίας - Tης Άννας Σαρηγιάννη
- The "Olive You" Campaign at the Fancy Food Show in New York
- Ελεύθερος με εγγύηση και υπό περιοριστικούς όρους ο Κ. Μπαρμπαρούσης
- Ο Semyon Bychkov στη Νέα Υόρκη
- Παμμακεδονική Αμερικής: "Σεβαστείτε την Ιστορία και τον πολιτισμό της Μακεδονίας"