A special committee reviewing the right of Greeks abroad to vote in national elections will meet at the Ministry of Interior on Tuesday.
Interior Minister Alexis Ηaritsis will attend the meeting, a ministry statement said.
The committee must present its proposals by January 2019, to be followed by a review by political parties.
Members include representatives of the Interior and Foreign Ministries, professors of constitutional law and election specialists.
- Greece assumes one-year Presidency of the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA)
- Parties reach initial agreement on issue of voting by Greeks abroad
- KINAL expresses hope for consensus on voting right of Greeks Abroad
- Interparty committee on voting rights of Greeks abroad holds initial meeting, sets follow-up on Monday
- Immediate formation of inter-party committee for the vote of Greeks abroad
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Greek, Turkish ministers clash at heated news event
- Will the government get enough votes to pass the bill on Greek expat vote?
- New Round of collaboration between the Greek Film Archive and the General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad
- Malliotakis Issues Her First 100 Days Report Card
- Israeli Ambasador: Greece and Israel anchors for stability, cooperation, security, and prosperity