With all splendor, the Archbishop of America, Elpidoforos, the seventh consecutive Archbishop of the Holy Archdiocese of America, was enthroned at the Holy Trinity Archdiocese Cathedral in Manhattan.
The Metropolitan Elpidoforos was elected unanimously as Archbishop of America from the Holy Synod of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople on 11 May. The Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew was represented in the enthronement by the German Metropolitan Augustine, who also delivered the pastoral bar to Archbishop Elpidoforos, symbolically on behalf of the Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew.
The enthronement of Archbishop Elpidoforos has caused international interest and many representatives of the religious, political, academic, diplomatic and business world from around the world were present at the ceremony.
The Church of Greece was represented by the Metropolitan of Nea Ionia and Philadelphia Gabriel.
The Greek government was represented by Minister of Foreign Affairs George Katrougalos and the US Government by the Health Minister Alex Azar.
It is noteworthy that Archbishop Elpidoforos’ enthronement speech was interrupted by prolonged applause when he referred to his predecessor, Dimitrios.
- PM Mitsotakis meets with Cyprus president, US investors in New York
- FM Gerapetritis continues his contacts in New York
- Mitsotakis-Erdogan meeting with smiles: Optimism but not complacency with Ankara
- Mitsotakis in New York; to meet Erdogan on Wednesday
- Monica Bellucci at the Greek Consulate in New York
Latest from E.Tsiliopoulos
- Dead body recovered from fuselage of fallen helicopter
- Global olive oil shortage sends prices soaring
- Serious problems in Volos due to the storm - Palamas (Karditsa) on alert
- ECONOMIST- Hatzidakis: The six axes of the economic policy of the next four years
- Greece, Saudi Arabian power transmission operators take first step at connecting grids