Betty White was honored with a Lifetime Achievement award by the Daytime Emmy Awards last night for her career, spanning seven decades.
The 93-year-old Greek American legend was commemorated in Burbank, CA. Upon receiving her trophy White declared, "Oh my goodness! I cannot tell you what this means...Hello Beautiful!"
The Greek-American actress and commedian added, "I have been in this business for a long time. You may not notice that, but when I started in 1949 I had no idea that I would still be around at this point, for one thing. But that I'd still be privileged enough to still be in this business, and it is such a privilege."
White thanked all of her supporters, "All those years that I had no idea I'd still be working though [are] so much thanks to you and your mothers and fathers and grandmothers and grandfathers. And a couple of great grandfathers when I was younger."
- Greek American actress Betty White passes just shy of a century
- Gene Rossides, prominent Greek-American who founded AHI, dies aged 92
- "We haven't been tested for coronavirus," says Greek-American trapped on Diamond Princess
- Demi Moore’s rapist was allegedly a Greek-American
- Greek-American criticizes Rep. Ilhan Omar at 9/11 ceremony in New York